Aston Villa comes knocking at the Deepdale to take on Preston in this English Championship match. The tie takes place on Saturday and is the 25th round in the tournament.
Preston is the 17th team in the table and has posted 28 points on the board. Their record reads 7 wins, 7 draws and 10 losses. The team scored 36 goals and conceded 40 in return.
Aston Villa has the 9th position in the league table, after securing 36 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 46 goals till now and received 37 back. Aston Villa won 9 matches, drew another 9 and lost the remaining 6.
In their most recent matches, Preston lost against Hull, on the road, 1-2 and Aston Villa won against Swansea, on the road, with a score of 0-1.
Preston vs Aston Villa Head-to-head (h2h)
- Aston Villa drew the last h2h match against Preston.
- Preston lost 3 of their last 5 matches.
- Aston Villa was in 8 of their last 9 games.
- Preston won 4 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Aston Villa was winless in 9 of their last 12 fixtures on the road.
- Preston has scored in 8 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 18 of their last 19 home-ties.
- Aston Villa has scored in 14 of their last 15 overall games, and in 18 of their last 20 away fixtures.
- Browne A has been the best player for Preston with 8 goals and 3 assists this season, and Abraham T for Aston Villa, with 13 goals and 1 assist.
Preston vs Aston Villa Prediction
The teams Preston and Aston Villa are two sides from the English Championship that has the potential to produce goals after goals, whatever match they take part in. As they take on each other in this tie, it goes without saying that we are in for another goal-fest.
The total 48 matches of either team in this season’s competition produced a combined 159 goals so far. Preston has scored goals in their last 17 home-ties in a row, while Aston Villa has done so in 18 of their last 20 away matches.
No other team has taken part in more home matches with over 2.5 goals than Preston. In away games, only Sheffield Wednesday has more games under their belt with over 2.5 goals, than Aston Villa.
Both teams will score in this tie, and there will be over 2.5 match goals.
Preston vs Aston Villa Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.80 (4/5)
- Both Teams to Score: YES @ 1.60 (3/5).
Millwall vs Nottingham Forest Prediction & Match Preview »